TRANSFER NEWS: Liverpool goalkeeeper Pepe Reina would relish the chance to join Barcelona

by | |
Pepe Reina: Barcelona too big to turn down

Pepe Reina: Barcelona too big to turn down!

Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina says he is unaware of any interest from Barcelona but admits it would be difficult to turn down a move to the Spanish champions.


The 30-year-old is believed to have been a long-term target for the Catalan side and with Victor Valdes reportedly set to join Monaco this summer, Barcelona may step up their interest in Reina.
Reina says it would be hard to call time on his eight years at Liverpool but admits a move to Barcelona would be too good to turn down.
"I have no evidence about Barcelona's interest in me," said Reina. "I don't know if the club has spoken with my agent. If he doesn't say something it is because there isn't any serious offer on the table.
"I have a contract with Liverpool and I'm very happy in England. At present, I just have an option: stay at Liverpool. Everything else is just talk. There has been no direct contact.
"Barcelona is a great club and it is difficult to say no to a club like Barcelona. But we are talking about assumptions and I should not do it.
"It would be difficult to leave  Liverpool. If I do it, it is to improve and grow as player.

0 comments: