Gervinho: I’m staying put....

by | |
Gervinho: Ivory Coast international is focused on Arsenal

Arsenal forward Gervinho has ruled out a move away from the Emirates this summer. The Ivory Coast international has struggled to establish himself at Arsenal and has been linked with interest from Turkish sides Galatasaray and Fenerbahce as well as Lyon and Marseille, but he says he won’t be going anywhere this summer.

“I have a contract until 2015 with Arsenal and I intend to honour it,” he said.
“There is always speculation in the papers, but I am looking forward to a good holiday and to come back to Arsenal.

“I want to win my place in the starting line-up week in, week out.”
Gervinho scored five Premier League goals and provided three assists this season but he made just 18 appearances for the Gunners and has been linked with an exit from the Emirates as Arsene Wenger seeks to boost his front line.
The 26-year-old moved to Arsenal from Lille for £10.8million in 2011.

0 comments: